10 October 2006

I scream, you scream, we all scream for sushi.

I am hesitant to even start off this post with the now too familiar, so I met up with Rob and Anne last night, but since it's true...

I met up with Rob and Anne last night. We took in a huge art gallery exhibit on the grounds of the Royal Hospital. It was very interesting walking around and taking in all the different pieces of work. I was struck by the boldness of the colors of several paintings as they suggested the struggle of man with his mortality, and the ongoing antagonism of the male and female ids. I don't know what the preceding means but it sounds an awful lot like the comments we heard being made. Needless to say I decided not to purchase a £8,000 painting of "Nude woman in profile with Goat's head", but I reserve the right to change my mind. The best part of the fair was the special exhibit of the works of fashionphotographerr Norman Parkinson, hadn't heard of him before, now I'm in the know.

What does the thread title have to do with art? Nothing except I hit up Yo! Sushi on my way home for a lovely little dinner. Sushi coming by on plates priced by color on a conveyor belt? Sheer genius. Experience Yo! Sushi now heathens...http://www.yosushi.com/experience.php

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I repeat...what is wrong with Toad in the Hole?? Not one mention of...went to the pub for a pie and a pint. Hmmmm art galleries, sushi this is not the Brian I know and love. I will be over on December 16th and I will be taking you by the by the scruff of the neck young man! Mads

 
At Friday, October 13, 2006 3:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone who has been taken "by the scruff of the neck" many times, all I have to say is "better you than me." BG

 
At Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you actually working? Never hear anything about that. Yiu don't really have a job, do you.

 
At Monday, October 16, 2006 1:06:00 AM, Blogger toddderrick said...

It's nearly been a week since any talk of sushi, pints, etc. I need to know what's up. Did you not mind the gap?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home