05 October 2006

A Pole and a Mexican walk into a bar...

Not the beginning of a joke (or is it). Rather it describes my dining experience last night. My London city guides Rob and Anne, the Woodcocks, met me out for a few pints in Shepherd's Market a quaint little area filled with many restaurants and cafes, somewhat hidden from the probing eyes of the casual tourist. Anyway, after the beers we went to L'Autre, a Polish/Mexican restaurant. I had visions of Kielbasa tacos with a borscht sauce but ended up being pleasantly surprised.

The story is that L'Autre serves both Polish and Mexican food. I stuck with the Polish route and enjoyed a Polish charcuterie plate (these people clearly have identity issues) followed up by your classic kielbasa. Finished dinner up with some shots of vodka (as you do). Needless to say the head is feeling a bit worse for the wear right now - for that I blame Rob.

Mom: I didn't want to do it but mean old Rob made me. I'm still your pure little angel.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only Anne is capable of finding the only Polish Mexican restaurant in the world which also sports a French name. For goodness sake man you are in Blighty now. What os wrong with Toad in the Hole and Spotted Dick?? It will put hairs on your chest!

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006 4:07:00 AM, Blogger toddderrick said...

Your mother knows better. Moms always do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home