25 February 2008

Scalliwags be damned!

A certain person who shall remain anonymous (since I rather enjoy being married to her) left her bag on the train this morning. Thankfully she only left her wallet, iPod and mobile (cellphone) in it. Already this wasn't shaping up to be a good day.

Imagine my surprise when my phone rang on my way to work and on the other end was a husky voice, not the one I've known for the last 6 years. It was one of the last few honest people around. It seems he picked up the bag at its final stop (after it had gone into London and back out again) and started dialing people randomly to find out whose bag it was.

So rest assured loyal blog followers, the bag has been returned to its rightful owner with not a thing missing. The hero of this story, Nicky, refused any sort of reward. I wonder if he'll feel happy about that once he realises Kirsten stole his wallet when she picked up the bag...

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"whose" bag was it?...

 
At Monday, March 31, 2008 8:56:00 PM, Blogger toddderrick said...

Friends! I'll be on your side of the pond FOR SURE May 13-17. I know you may have adventures on *this* side of the pond around that time, but wanted to confirm I'll be in London and the dates. Here you go! Should our calendars overlap, ce sera super!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home