08 November 2007

Random Updates

or "Bringing the blog up to date". Let's take a moment to give the old pat on the back to keeping the blog updated (relatively) for over a year.

I attended the first regular season NFL game held outside of North America on the 28th of October. Now many of the newspapers over here proclaimed this as the first regular season game ever held outside of the US, but as fans of American football can tell you the Cards and 49ers played in Mexico City in 2005. Nevertheless it was an historic event and I was there. After having flown in that morning from Boston (a little something called the World Series was going on), I expected to be exhausted, but thanks to a sleeping pill I arrived UK-side bright eyed and bushy tailed.

We had lunch with some friends and then headed up to Wembley for the game. The stadium re-opened within the past year and is very impressive. Although they need to sort out the turf as it simply got chewed up, it's a good thing there isn't a football match here until the end of November.

Overall the game was dull. The Dolphins suck (like really bad) and the Giants are boring to watch (and the excelled in boredom in this game). The game did have a distinctly American feel to it which was nice, it made it especially interesting to see how the Brits in the crowd responded. Considering the biggest cheers throughout the game were reserved for the cheerleaders I think you can imagine that it was more of a novelty than an actual sporting affair.

What else...

It's official, Kirsten is now recognised as a proficient English writer by the Nursing Association in the UK. We're all very proud of her. Clearly those Ivy's are just interested in graduation rates.

Char (K's mom) and Stuart are coming to town for a week (actually I am writing this from home as I expect them any minute). So there will be more updates to follow and hopefully some more satisfied customers of the Hennigan tour of London.

I think that about covers it. Until the next post...

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:11:00 AM, Blogger toddderrick said...

Brilliant altogether! I'm so excited to be caught up (will it make you feel any better if I blame it on me?!). So fun that BKrick made it across the pond; I agree, the clothes do make the man and I'm hereby not packing for the next time I head to London -- what I would give for a Boston RedSox t-shirt!
Glad to hear you are well and of your adventures on the mainland!
Todd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home